Advantages of Contracting with S&K Engineering and Research
S&K Engineering and Research offers clients significant savings in time and expense through proven, well-managed, and reliable methods of contracting. We have a solid reputation, excellent client references, and a sizeable line of credit to fund large contracts. We are a certified Small Disadvantaged Business and Minority Owned Business.
Small Business Administration 8(a) Certification
The 8(a) program was developed by the Small Business Administration (SBA) to allow socially and economically disadvantaged firms with expert capabilities equal access to business opportunities.
As a certified 8(a) firm, S&K Engineering and Research provides government program managers an efficient contracting process that saves time and money.
Under the program, contracts may be awarded through open competition or sole-source. An 8(a) contract can usually be awarded within 30-60 days, far more quickly and with minimal expense to the customer. The SBA enters into contracts with the federal procuring agencies as the prime contractor, subcontracting the actual performance of the work to 8(a) companies.
U. S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Rapid Response Program (R23G)
The Rapid Response (R2) Project Office seeks to provide unique and flexible acquisition and technical expertise that is capable of rapidly implementing quality solutions through a lean process that satisfies customer mission requirements across the entire spectrum of federal agencies.
- Ideally suited for homeland defense
- Has broad and flexible work scope
- Awards urgent task orders rapidly
- Serves all government agencies
- Uses a streamlined competitive award process
- Full-service support from knowledgeable acquisition, engineering, small business, and legal professionals
- Performance-based work statements
- Access to “best in class” contractors
- Low administrative support cost
- Real-time access to web-enabled database for monitoring task order status
- Long period of performance
- Cost reimbursable, firm-fixed price, and time and materials task orders
S&K Engineering and Research is a member of Booz Allen Hamilton’s winning R23G Team. For more information, please visit Booz Allen Hamilton’s web information for R23G or view the R23G fact sheet.
US Air Force Design & Engineering Support Program (DESP III)
The Design & Engineering Support Program (DESP III) is a five-year multiple award Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle providing a broad range of engineering services in support of any system or subsystem within the Air Force and other DoD agencies. The vehicle supports specific objectives which focus on improving system life cycle cost, operational life, performance, sustainment including maintainability and support, and safety and environmental friendliness.
S&K Engineering and Research has joined the Booz Allen Hamilton Team and Northrup Grumman Team and will be providing support to small and large contractors and the government in the areas of our expertise, such as: aircraft teardown and inspection, corrosion research, aging aircraft programs, material evaluation and testing, and more.
US Air Force F2AST
The Future Flexible Acquisition & Sustainment Tool (F2AST) is designed to meet the needs of AFMC Program Directors and Single Managers for speed and flexibility by providing a multi-dimensional task ordering capability, as well as sufficient ceiling and scope for AFMC-wide usage.
- Life Cycle sustainment
- Flight operations and testing
S&K Engineering & Research is a member of ARINC’s F2AST Team.
US Navy SeaPort-e Contract Vehicle
S&K Engineering & Research was awarded the Navy’s SeaPort Enhanced (SeaPort-e) contracting vehicle. This vehicle provides for the procurement of Engineering, Financial and Program Management Services for the Navy Virtual SYSCOM Commanders.
The services covered under SeaPort-e include:
- Research and development support
- Engineering, system engineering and process engineering support
- Modeling, simulation and analysis support
- Prototyping, pre-production, model-making, and fabrication support
- System design documentation and technical data support
- Software engineering, development, programming, and network support
- Reliability, maintainability, and availability (RM&A) support
- Human factors engineering support
- System safety engineering support
- Configuration management (CM) support
- Quality assurance (QA) support
- Information system (IS) development, information assurance (IA), and information technology (IT) support
- Ship inactivation and disposal support
- Interoperability, test and evaluation, trials support
- Acquisition logistics support
- Supply and provisioning support
- Training support
- In-service engineering, fleet introduction, installation, and checkout support
- Program support
- Administrative support
Our services can be provided in the following SeaPort-e zones:
- Zone 1 – Northeast Zone
- Zone 2 – National Capital Zone
- Zone 3 – Mid-Atlantic Zone
- Zone 4 – Gulf Coast Region
- Zone 5 – Midwest Region
- Zone 6 – Southwest Region
- Zone 7 – Northwest/Alaska Region
- Northrup Grumman Space & Mission Systems Corp.
- Science Applications International Corp.
- CDO Technologies
- Ohm Systems, Inc.
For more information, please contact us or visit the SeaPort-e website.
Special Operations Forces Support Services Contract (SSSC II)
This Special Operations Forces Support Services Contract provides support services required by the Special Operations Forces System Program Office, including:
- Program Management
S&K Engineering and Research is a member of L3 Communication/TCS, Inc’s SSSC II Team. For more information, please visit L3/TCS’s contract vehicle web page.
Teaming and Small Business Outreach
S&K Engineering and Research is committed to serving as a valued partner for large and small businesses. We welcome the opportunity to build strong rewarding relationships with high-quality, diverse suppliers, and service providers.
For more information, Contact S&K Engineering and Research.